Things you probably don't know...
I am a foster momma with six kiddos. They are ages 3-8 and they are all so different. When we go places, people like to ask me if we are a Sunday School or Field Trip group-NOPE, just my family.
I married the boy I have loved since I was 16. He is now a travel nurse and was a COVID nurse when things were super scary, and I am just thankful he stayed healthy.
I previously worked as a 911 dispatcher/hostage negotiator, turned Christian School Principal (Same training), and now I get to SAHM and work as a social media manager, book coach, public speaker, and am diving deep into my dream of being a published author.
We also breed Bernedoodles, raise chickens and goats, and enjoy every breath God has given us.
I am able to do all this by the love and support of family, friends, and running on Jesus & Coffee!
This is the scariest and most challenging thing I have ever done but with every new reader I meet, I am living my dream!
I hope you enjoy my books!
Book Synopsis: Disgusted by a world with no moral compass, “Resetters” decide to clean things up. They start the world over with just 500 people who they deem “good” enough.
The catch: Every bad action is monitored and goes against you. Too many bad actions and the whole town will meet its doom. The plan has worked, until now…
The model city, Utopian, can’t seem to keep the new kid Tommy out of trouble. The unthinkable happens and Utopian is set for a full ReSet, but when the ”Resetters” arrive, the town has already vanished. Tommy must unite with his foe, perfect Charlie, to save themselves and everyone else.
Grab your copy to dive into the world of adventure with Tommy, Charlie and the Utopian.
Book Awards: Cover Wars
— Another evil enterprise —
— Another chance for virtue —
In the wake of Grayson Jeffer’s “ReSet,” America’s few remaining citizens have been subjected to a total-surveillance system. Under the leader’s all-seeing eye, each community must work together to avoid bad behavior . . . for if too many “marks” are accrued, the citizens will be wiped out. All for the greater good.
Now—in a twist of fate befitting the twisted times—“Picture-Perfect” Charlie Newsome and Tommy Tankerson, the tortured trouble-maker who single-handedly brought about two ReSets, are compelled to join forces.
Utopian has fallen—largely due to Tommy’s handiwork—but Charlie’s resourceful father, Alford, doesn’t intend to let his people go down without a fight. Having gone off-grid, they’re now true rebels. Undertopian.
The Tough Questions
• Where is your favorite place to write? Read? In Bed
• What did you want to be when you grew up? An Author (just didn’t feel good enough)
• What is one thing you need when you sit down to write? Dove Dark Chocolate with Almonds.
• What is one tip you would like to share with an aspiring author? Believe in yourself, get ready for critique, and never give up
• Are you a pantser or plotter? Both-I start as a mini-plotter and then the pants come off and I just go off the handle LOL
From BOH reader Heather L.
• Chili – beans or no beans? No Beans
• Who’s your favorite superhero and why? Spiderman (a Kid who takes on saving the world)
• DC or Marvel and why is it Marvel? Marvel-all my kids favorite heroes are Marvel
• You need to hide a body - who do you call to help you? My Husband
• Favorite song to belt out in the shower? RESPECT
• What animal would you be and why? Bird-They can fly
• If you were stranded on a deserted island with all your human needs taken care of, what two items would you want to have with you? -Book and a Cell Phone-need to get off the island
• Next project (what are you currently working on)? Short anthology based out of New Orleans, then a 5 Book Serial Killer Book Series
• Scary movies - complete darkness or all the lights on? Not at all lol BUT if I do-Lights on, ears plugged, and peeking between my fingers
• Cats or dogs? Dogs, Dogs, Dogs
• Who would you stalk? Drew Barrymore
• What inspired you to start writing? I wanted to create the same escape that books created for me
• How old were you when you wrote your first story? 9
• What is your favorite book/story you wrote? Beatrice Belongs to Me (not yet published)
• Who is your current favorite author? Freida McFadden
• What is your favorite genre? Thriller
• Favorite horror movie? Identity
• Favorite book of all time? Bible
• Cake - vanilla or chocolate? Chocolate
• Pizza - pineapple or definitely never on a pizza? Sure, yes, why not
• Favorite Band? Don’t have one
From BOH reader Derek T.
• Is there a particular author that inspired you to write horror? I write more Thriller and no there isn’t
• Are there any things required when you write?, i.e., listening to certain music? an adult beverage? complete silence? stuff like that. Silence and Dove Dark Chocolate with Almond
• Skittles or Starburst? Starburst
• Do you read or write anything that's not horror? Yes, I do, Children’s Book, and Dystopian
• Rhode Island is neither a road nor an island, please discuss. I am just as confused as you
• How do you feel about pants? I don’t wear them LOL
• Dogs, cats or ferrets? Dogs, Ferrets, what is a cat LOL
• Mountains or beach? Mountains
• Does pineapple belong on pizza? Yes it does, thank you very much
• What's your favorite taco? Good one, Grilled Steak Taco on Taco Bell and yes I know the theme song like from the 90’s
• Would you go to space? Nope, I have 6 kids and I need to make sure I ain’t gambling with my life
• Do you eat supper or dinner? Dinner
• Favorite ice cream? Smores
• Were you a good student? One of the Best
• Who was your childhood crush? Jonathan Taylor Thomas-Don’t judge
• Your favorite thing on French fries? Man ..so many choices-Chilli & Cheese
From BOH reader Shannon E.
• What’s something you want to learn/ get better at? Marketing
• Why did you decide you wanted to be an author? 9
• Is there anything you don't eat? Yes, Um a huge list-Asparagus and Celery topping that list
• If you could have 3 wishes, what would they be? Everyone to go to Heaven, My kids to have a long and healthy life, and to sell all my books
• If you could have 1 hour to sit down with anyone and talk? Who would it be and what would you talk about? Jesus, I want to know how all the bad things happened
• What makes you unique? I am a foster momma with 6 kids
• What's something about you that no one else knows? There isn’t one thing about me that at least one person doesn’t know
• What’s Something You Want to Learn or Wish You Were Better At? Marketing
• Know Any Good Jokes? Knock Knock-who’s There-Yoda-Yoda Who-Yoda Best
• What’s Something That Bugs You? Bugs
• What’s the Most Embarrassing Thing You Can Remember That’s Happened to You? …..ummmm I peed on myself on the Batman ride at 6 flags in the 8th grade
• What’s Your Favorite Place on Earth? Home with my family
• Who Are the Special People in Your Life? My 6 kids and husband and readers
• What’s Something You’re Proud of? That I overcame my childhood trauma and made something of myself
• If your life were a movie who would play you? Melissa McCarthy
• If you could be anyone for a day, who would it be? Right Now, Yarros, so I could see how to be successful
• If you could have a superpower what would it be? Flying
• What would you do if there was zombie apocalypse right now? Join em I guess cuz it is bound to happen
• What were you like as a child? Chunky, Goofy, and surrounded by trauma so I stayed busy in school
Thank you Savanna for stopping in and sharing on my blog!
Commenting enters you in this month's giveaway or you can use the FORM.