Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Eric Butler stopped by to show me how to Stare Death In The Eyes


I'm an indie Horror writer who lives deep in the heart of Texas. When I'm not writing novels and stories for anthologies, I'm doing the bidding of 2 adorable huskies. I've been married for over 20 years and have a teenager in the house, so I won't be running out of horror material for quite some time.

Find Eric Butler Here

 

 

My newest release is The Author Preferred Extreme Edition of To Stare Death In The Eyes. You can get it now on Godless or order the paperback/eBook on Amazon today.

AMAZON  GODLESS

There’s something preying on the locals, and Irving Fontaine has no choice but to investigate. He heads toward the unknown armed with his wits, a Colt 1860, and a warning from a mysterious Indian.

Avoid the hills that stare with dead eyes, for there, the soulless wait to bring despair when the shadows awake to feed again.
Read the author’s preferred extreme horror edition of To Stare Death In The Eyes and discover there are monsters everywhere.




The Tough Questions

•    Where is your favorite place to write? Read?  I write at my desktop upstairs in the loft. I’ll read outside if the weather permits, on the couch, or in bed before I go to sleep.

•    What did you want to be when you grew up?  A father.

•    What is one thing you need when you sit down to write?  Diet Dew, headphones, and an idea.

•    What is one tip you would like to share with an aspiring author? Write. Don’t always worry about the other stuff and focus on writing. 

•    Are you a pantser or plotter?  Panster who tries to plot, but ends up ignoring it and letting the story go where it wants to.



 

From BOH reader Heather L.
•    Chili – beans or no beans? I grew up with beans in my chili but I’m fine either way.

•    Who’s your favorite superhero and why? Incredible Hulk. I think he’s my favorite because his situation is the most horrific of all the Marvel characters. I’ve always been a big Hulk fan.

•    DC or Marvel and why is it Marvel? It’s Marvel. I’ve grown to appreciate DC but I’ve always loved Marvel. The stories are better, the characters are better, and the art is often better.

•    You need to hide a body - who do you call to help you? I have a guy …

•    Favorite song to belt out in the shower? I’m boring, I listen to Fantasy Football podcasts while I shower.

•    What animal would you be and why? A monkey. I want to throw my poo at people without judgment.

•    If you were stranded on a deserted island with all your human needs taken care of, what two items would you want to have with you? Kindle with all my books downloaded, and picture of the family.

•    Next project (what are you currently working on)? I’m working on a couple of things, but I’m planning on another Pope Lick book being the next thing released.

•    Scary movies - complete darkness or all the lights on? Darkness is fine.
•    Cats or dogs? Huskies, then cats
•    Who would you stalk? I don’t know, sounds like a lot of work.

•    What inspired you to start writing? I’ve always written, but I guess I would have to say my mother pushed me to start and my wife encouraged me to continue.

•    How old were you when you wrote your first story? 5 or 6

•    What is your favorite book/story you wrote? I really enjoyed the latest Donn, TX I put out (Donn, TX 1978), but I usually pick my first one The Shadow Within.

•    Who is your current favorite author? Richard Laymon is my favorite horror author. I also love Robert Jordan and C.S. Harris.

•    What is your favorite genre? Horror
•    Favorite horror movie? The Thing

•    Favorite book of all time? Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep by Philip K Dick or Legion by William Peter Blatty

•    Cake - vanilla or chocolate? Both are fine.
•    Pizza - pineapple or definitely never on a pizza? Pineapple is great.
•    Favorite Band? Tool or Reel Big Fish – depends on the mood


From BOH reader Derek T.
•    Is there a particular author that inspired you to write horror? Richard Laymon inspired me to embrace extreme. Edgar Allan Poe inspired me to write horror.

•    Skittles or Starburst? Neither - Twizzlers
•    Do you read or write anything that's not horror? In my mind, everything is horror. Many of my stories are other genres, but through the lens of horror.

•    How do you feel about pants? Overrated
•    Dogs, cats or ferrets? Huskies
•    Mountains or beach? Neither, but the wife likes beaches, so I have to go there.
•    Does pineapple belong on pizza? Yes.
•    What's your favorite taco? Yes.
•    Would you go to space? Not unless I had to.
•    Do you eat supper or dinner? Dinner.
•    Favorite ice cream? Pumpkin.

•    Were you a good student? Yes, in that I got good grades, but no, in that I wasn’t really interested.

•    Who was your childhood crush? I’m gonna assume you mean celebrity because I’m not sure I want to start naming names from grade school … Raquel Welch

•    Your favorite thing on French fries? salt


From BOH reader Shannon E.
•    What’s something you want to learn/ get better at? Playing the banjo
•    Why did you decide you wanted to be an author? I like to write, and my wife pushed until I finally got something done.

•    Is there anything you don't eat? mushrooms
•    If you could have 3 wishes, what would they be? My son has Crohn’s. Every wish I have is for him to get better. Then if there was any left … the 49ers win the Super Bowl every 3 years and unlimited supply of diet Mountain Dew.

•    If you could have 1 hour to sit down with anyone and talk who would it be and what would you talk about? I don’t really like talking to people so I’d probably choose my mom, who I talk to every day. I cherish every hour I get to talk with her, because I know I won’t always have that opportunity. We usually talk about nothing, which is one of my favorite topics.

•    What makes you unique? Me.
•    What's something about you that no one else knows? Most people are surprised at how tall I am.

•    What’s Your Favorite Place on Earth? Home
•    Who Are the Special People in Your Life? My family. You don’t have to be blood for that, but I do have to pick you. If you make the cut, I’ll do just about anything to help you.

•    What’s Something You’re Proud of? My wife and my son. They are the most inspirational people I know. 

•    If your life were a movie who would play you? Fat Matthew Perry
•    If you could be anyone for a day, who would it be? My husky Totoro
•    If you could have a superpower what would it be? Super speed. I’d love to have that metabolism.

•    What would you do if there was zombie apocalypse right now? Get as many snowballs as possible.

•    What were you like as a child? Outgoing, funny, happy, but a bit of a loner. I enjoyed my me time.


Thank you Eric for sharing your new release, and the Huskies! 💕

 Find Eric Butler Here  AMAZON  GODLESS

Drop your comments below to be entered in this month's giveaway, or you can use the FORM.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Demons, witches and things that go bump in the night with Elizabeth J. Brown 😱

Elizabeth was born in Kent, England. This probably explains her obsession with tea and cake. She currently writes the Brimstone Chorus ser...