Thursday, May 25, 2023

I Hunted, and Along Came... C.R. Garmen!

 

 

C.R. Garmen developed her passion for writing at a young age. Starting with retelling the three little pigs, she went on to dream big of being an author one day. Born and raised in the suburbs of Detroit, she is very close to her family, especially her little siblings who light up her world and continue to support and fuel her passion for telling stories. Jack of all trades, master of none; C.R. Garmen dabbles in every genre, finding that each one is just a new challenge to explore and take on.

FIND C.R. GARMEN HERE

 


 

The Tough Questions

•    Where is your favorite place to write? Read? If I’m using the laptop, I like writing at my dining room table. If I’m using my phone, I like writing outside.

•    What did you want to be when you grew up? An author.

•    What is one thing you need when you sit down to write? A glass of Pepsi and my little figurines (I have Cthulhu, a hamster, and Scrump) to justify continuously buying them.

•    What is one tip you would like to share with an aspiring author? Just do it. There will always be a reason not to jump in and publish, or even write something. You gotta push all of them away and do the thing.

•    Are you a pantser or plotter? Mostly a pantser but I’m trying to change that. Sort of.


From BOH reader Heather L.
•    Chili – beans or no beans? Either one is fine with me.
•    Who’s your favorite band? Avenged Sevenfold
•    Who’s your favorite superhero and why? Deadpool because I love his sense of humor.

•    DC or Marvel and why is it Marvel? Because Marvel is the best, obviously. 😉
•    You need to hide a body - who do you call to help you? My mom.
•    Favorite song to belt out in the shower? Bring Me To Life by Evanescence

•    What animal would you be and why? A hamster, so I can amass my hamster brethren into a furry army and take over the world. Or because all I do is eat and sleep most of my life.

•    If you were stranded on a deserted island with all your human needs taken care of, what two items would you want to have with you? My phone and my laptop.

•    Next project (what are you currently working on)? Mini Blind Bags for my Tiny Terrors books.

•    Scary movies - complete darkness or all the lights on? All the lights on. I’m not that brave of a person.

•    Cats or dogs? Rodents.
•    Who would you stalk? Who wouldn’t I stalk? Nobody can stop me! Mwahahaha!

•    What inspired you to start writing? I don’t think it was any specific thing that inspired me to start writing. It was simply something I’ve always done.

•    How old were you when you wrote your first story? About 6 years old.
•    What is your favorite book/story you wrote? Along Came A Spider
•    Who is your current favorite author? Sedona Ashe!
•    What is your favorite genre to write or to read? My favorite genre to write is horror/psychological thrillers. My favorite genre to read is romance.

•    Favorite horror movie? Paranormal Activity
•    Favorite book of all time? If You Give A Mouse A Cookie. It’s adorable, relatable, and nostalgic.

•    Cake - vanilla or chocolate? Both please.


 

From BOH reader Derek T.
•    Is there a particular author that inspired you to write horror? It’s a mix of Jonathan Rand and Stephen King.

•    Skittles or Starburst? Starburst
•    Do you read or write anything that's not horror? Oh yeah, I definitely like to push myself and write outside of horror- it might not get published, but I enjoy the challenge of trying each genre out. And I read mostly romance.

•    Rhode Island is neither a road nor an island, please discuss. You drive on the parkway and park on the driveway. So… It makes sense if you think about it.

•    How do you feel about pants? I like them.
•    Dogs, cats or ferrets? Ferrets!
•    Mountains or beach? Mountains.
•    Does pineapple belong on pizza? Personally, I don’t like pineapple on pizza, but to each their own.

•    What's your favorite taco? The beef chalupa from Taco Bell.
•    Would you go to space? No. I’m terrified of heights.
•    Do you eat supper or dinner? Dinner
•    Favorite ice cream? Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough

•    Were you a good student? I was quiet and attentive in class, but I’m dyslexic so my grades weren’t that great until I got help for it in late Middle School. So maybe?

•    Who was your childhood crush? Probably someone from N*Sync, but its been so long I’ve forgotten most of their names.

•    Your favorite thing on French fries? Cheese



From BOH reader Shannon E.
•    What’s something you want to learn/ get better at? Digital design would be cool to learn. Then I wouldn’t have to pester my PA so much for new graphics for my work.

•    Why did you decide you wanted to be an author? I don’t think I ever consciously chose to be an author; storytelling was something I always loved to do. Even as a little kid. So publishing just made sense.

•    Is there anything you don't eat? Cauliflower. And cherries only because I’m allergic to them.

•    If you could have 3 wishes, what would they be? To not have any more health issues. To have enough money to pay my bills and live comfortably. To snap my fingers and the area I’m staring at will be cleaned up in three seconds flat.

•    If you could have 1 hour to sit down with anyone and talk? Who would it be and what would you talk about?

•    What makes you unique? Nothing. If everyone is unique then there’s nothing unique about us at all.

•    What's something about you that no one else knows? Not much, I have no filter so I will tell you.

•    What’s Something That Bugs You? Entitled people.

•    What’s Your Favorite Place on Earth? Mammoth Caves
•    Who Are the Special People in Your Life? My mom, my dad, my nana, my grand aunt, and my siblings.

•    What’s Something You’re Proud of? The books I’ve published, my book boxes I’ve done, my family, and my fur babies.

•    If your life were a movie who would play you? Jenna Ortega
•    If you could be anyone for a day, who would it be? Anyone who doesn’t have any physical limitations so I could experience being able to walk, run, and jump without any debilitating pain afterwards.

•    If you could have a superpower what would it be? Cloning myself would be super handy. Or temporarily stopping time.

•    What would you do if there was zombie apocalypse right now? Kiss my behind goodbye.

•    What were you like as a child? Depends on who you ask. I was quiet if I didn’t know someone or was uncomfortable around them. Loud if I knew them and liked them.


Thank you C.R. Garmen for stopping in! I love my signed copy of Along Came A Spider and the others. 💕

FIND C.R. GARMEN HERE

Comment on this post to be entered in this month's giveaway or use the FORM.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Demons, witches and things that go bump in the night with Elizabeth J. Brown 😱

Elizabeth was born in Kent, England. This probably explains her obsession with tea and cake. She currently writes the Brimstone Chorus ser...