Tuesday, May 23, 2023

Nobody Knows About It but... Megan Stockton, and maybe Bluejay... 🤔


Megan Stockton is an indie author who lives in Grimsley Tennessee with her two children and her husband, who is an indie filmmaker. She writes in a variety of genres that all have dark/horror elements, and all of her work is character-driven and immersive. She is known for delivering works that are raw, thought-provoking, brutal, and cinematic. She has been writing since she was a child and was always obsessed with horror and the macabre. When she isn't writing (or working her day job) she likes to work with the animals on their farm, read, play video games, and watch movies.

 Megan's Site Links


 

The Tough Questions

●    Where is your favorite place to write? Read? My favorite place to write is in a comfy armchair or the end of the couch. I love to be able to kind of curl up into a corner with a blanket.  My favorite place to read is in the bath. It’s a little dangerous… but I am willing to risk wet pages to read when I’m at my most relaxed!

●    What did you want to be when you grew up? Author, veterinarian, ethologist, forensic pathologist. I went back and forth between things.

●    What is one thing you need when you sit down to write? Snacks and headphones!

●    What is one tip you would like to share with an aspiring author? Write. Just write. No matter what anyone says to you, or how discouraged you feel, just write. Write what you want to write, how you want to write it. Embrace those things that make you ‘you’. Be kind to readers, other writers, reviewers. Don’t expect anything from anyone.

●    Are you a pantser or plotter? 100% a pantser. I can not plot, plan, or outline to save my life.




From BOH reader Heather L.
●    Chili – beans or no beans? Beans! Load that sucker up with everything.
●    Who’s your favorite superhero and why? Does Jackie Estacado count? I also like Batman.

●    DC or Marvel and why is it Marvel? Oh, you’re delusional if you think Marvel is superior to DC… but the real answer is Dark Horse.

●    You need to hide a body - who do you call to help you? My sister.
●    Scary movies - complete darkness or all the lights on? Complete Darkness.

●    What inspired you to start writing? I feel like I’ve always had to write. There was never a choice. I think I was definitely inspired by loving horror, and the worldbuilding of fantasy novels.

●    How old were you when you wrote your first story? I wrote a story in third or fourth grade about a boy who travels through rough backcountry to get his injured and dying hunting dog to a burial place. That’s the earliest story I remember.

●    What is your favorite genre? Horror, crime thrillers, and fantasy.
●    Favorite horror movie? Martyrs.
●    Pizza - pineapple or definitely never on a pizza? Love, love pineapple on pizza.

●    What is your favorite band? That’s really hard for me, and changes regularly. I always have time for older Papa Roach, older Slipknot, Bush, HURT.


From BOH reader Derek T.

●    Is there a particular author that inspired you to write horror? I can’t remember for sure. I know that I loved Edgar Allen Poe stories, and I used to try to memorize them so I could recite them in the dark to my sister. I would sometimes add my own twists or endings to the stories. I also got into Stephen King, R.L. Stine, and Ryu Murakami really early in life.

●    Are there any things required when you write?, i.e., listening to certain music? an adult beverage? complete silence? stuff like that. I write best with music, I have a playlist for each project. I also need to be chewing gum or eating something, I don’t really know why that is.

●    Skittles or Starburst? Starburst.
●    Do you read or write anything that's not horror? I write thriller-type stuff, fantasy, science-fiction… but I like to say that everything I write is “horror-infused”. I read a little bit of everything, really.

●    How do you feel about pants? I only wear pants when absolutely required by law.
●    Does pineapple belong on pizza? Love, love pineapple on Pizza.

●    What's your favorite taco? A simple, soft-shelled ground beef taco with all the toppings.

●    Do you eat supper or dinner? I’m from the south so everybody calls it supper, but in my house it is ‘din-din’ lol.

●    Favorite ice cream? Salted caramel, birthday cake, cookie dough, classic chocolate.

●    Your favorite thing on French fries? Bacon, cheese, green onions, and ranch.


From BOH reader Shannon E.
●    Is there anything you don't eat? I’m allergic to shellfish. So I do try to avoid it. I also don’t like shaved coconut, liver, olives, fennel. I don’t like ice.

●    What’s Something You Want to Learn or Wish You Were Better At? Self-confidence, time management… haha.

●    If you could have a superpower what would it be? The ability to talk to animals is way up there lol. 

●    What would you do if there was a zombie apocalypse right now? I live in the middle of nowhere, so I guess I would attempt to secure my resources and establish contact with those that I think will be cooperative allies.

 Megan's Site Links

Thank you Megan for being here! 💙

Comment to enter this month's giveaway or you can use the FORM.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Demons, witches and things that go bump in the night with Elizabeth J. Brown 😱

Elizabeth was born in Kent, England. This probably explains her obsession with tea and cake. She currently writes the Brimstone Chorus ser...