Friday, May 12, 2023

Jason Myers Dropping in and dropping 'Til Death on us... 👀


Jason Myers (1983- ) grew up in Northwest Ohio. Avid reader for years he put aside his dreams of writing to raise his children and focus on being an EMT/Firefighter. The need to write never left and in 2019 he released his debut DECISIONS based off of his real life recurring nightmare.

The momentum picked up and he quickly was listed in the table of contents in several horror anthologies as well as several novellas of his own.

He is the co-author of the Eternal Sisterhood Series with RJ Roles. RJ and Jason have since founded Crimson Pinnacle Press, a publishing company that deals with horror and the macabre in themed anthologies released regularly.

He currently resides in Northwest Ohio retired from ems/firefighting after 10 years with his city fire department in Maumee, Ohio.

TicTok  Crimson Pinnacle Press   Amazon   Website   TeePublic

 


Death chases us all. From the moment we come screaming into this world, one thing is for certain—none of us will make it out alive. Skeletal frame shrouded in darkness, with scythe in bony hand, the Reaper’s hollow gaze follows everyone until it’s time for the claiming of their soul. Now, follow in Death’s wake toward the light at the end of the tunnel as Crimson Pinnacle Press presents:

‘Til Death

Featuring grim fiction by

M Ennenbach, Jason R. Frei, Barend Nieuwstraten III, Jason Myers, Sean McDonough. RJ Roles, Stephanie Scissom, Jason Nickey, Lance Dale, James Seamone, Ben Young, Matt Wildasin, Kimberely Rei, Vic Kerry, Chris Kosarich, and a special introduction poem by Andrew Lennon.

'Til Death




The Tough Questions

●    Where is your favorite place to write? Read?

Sitting in my bedroom with a specific 90s alternatives based playlist. (Read?) My phone unfortunately is my life. I read everything in doc form, but my signed collection of my indie family are in pristine condition to gawk at.

●    What did you want to be when you grew up? 

A fireman, a Rockstar, and a writer. I still play guitar but being a young dad unplugged that one.

●    What is one thing you need when you sit down to write? 

Music and my hearing aids out. Weird combo I get it but words don't need to make sense in music as long as they do when I'm typing.

●    What is one tip you would like to share with an aspiring author? 

If you get 100 "no's", send it to 100 more and write non stop in the process.

●    Are you a pantser or plotter? Pantser



From BOH reader Heather L.
●   
Chili – beans or no beans? beans, the magical vegetable (mind blown thanks dad)

●    Who’s your favorite superhero and why? RJ Roles. He gives chances. Power move if I've ever read one.

●    DC or Marvel and why is it Marvel? Marvel cuz Punisher
●    You need to hide a body - who do you call to help you? What are ya, a cop?
●    Favorite song to belt out in the shower? Black- Pearl Jam

●    What animal would you be and why? Shark. They absolutely terrify me and I'm thankful daily I live in the flats.

●    If you were stranded on a deserted island with all your human needs taken care of, what two items would you want to have with you? Nope…not answering this one! I wrote a whole damn novella called DECISIONS that made me choose between my 2 kids on who both needed resuscitation. Nope. Next question  ;)...... also… Unlimited cigarettes and lighters.

●    Next project (what are you currently working on)? Click on those links for the amazing CPP stuff. My solo side has my full collected shorts finally home in one place called MetamorPhases (thanks RJ and Mike) coming out this year. 

●    Scary movies - complete darkness or all the lights on? Darkness and nachos

●    Cats or dogs? Dogs first then whatever left over cats RJ makes me co-adopt in the rest of our lives together forever in wedded words

●    Who would you stalk? The ghost of Chris Cornell…I bet he knows all the spots
●    What inspired you to start writing? Only class I ever managed to get A's in
●    How old were you when you wrote your first story? 33-34ish?

●    What is your favorite book/story you wrote? Decisions will always be my baby so for that I say her.

●    Who is your current favorite author? Loaded question I'm reading the submissions for "Thanks, RJ" that we are releasing and it's over 30 indie horror authors so that's not fair.

●    What is your favorite genre? Thriller/Plot twisters
●    Favorite horror movie? Trick R Treat

●    Favorite book of all time? IT. The book that taught a hearing impaired frustrated kid that "you don't need your ears to read and it's better than the movie anyway, brother". 143 Melodie

●    Cake - vanilla or chocolate? after the icing its just a muffin
●    Pizza - pineapple or definitely never on a pizza? Pineapple for sure
●    Favorite Band? Guns N Roses



 

From BOH reader Derek T.
●    Is there a particular author that inspired you to write horror? Richard Chizmar. Legend
●    Are there any things required when you write?, i.e., listening to certain music? 90s alternative

●    Skittles or Starburst? Pink Starbursts only

●    Do you read or write anything that's not horror? I do! Check my new collection this year out!

●    Rhode Island is neither a road nor an island, please discuss. I can't. I'm still processing why there are interstates in Hawaii. Don't try to out dad joke me, rookie.

●    How do you feel about pants? Jeans are acceptable lounge pants and I will die on this hill
●    Dogs, cats or ferrets? Dogs
●    Mountains or beach? Beach

●    Does pineapple belong on pizza? Preferably with stuffed crust to go with them

●    What's your favorite taco? Pink…wait that was the Starburst question..umm lol well… fish actually

●    Would you go to space? Nope. I like feet planted
●    Do you eat supper or dinner? Yes. Mom says supper but kids say dinner
●    Favorite ice cream? Butter pecan 

●    Were you a good student? I got expelled junior year and barely came back to graduate my senior year so yea lol magna cum laude

●    Who was your childhood crush? Topanga
●    Your favorite thing on French fries? Salt



 From BOH reader Shannon E.

●    What’s something you want to learn/ get better at? Editing like my brother RJ
●    Why did you decide you wanted to be an author? Needed an outlet for a reoccurring string of ptsd nightmares from years of being an emt/firefighter

●    Is there anything you don't eat? peaches
●    If you could have 3 wishes, what would they be? One more long talk with my dad 3 times more

●    If you could have 1 hour to sit down with anyone and talk? Make it 4 times more then because I'd take that for him too. Who would it be and what would you talk about? My dad. All the things.

●    What makes you unique? I do a pretty mean Hank Hill impression
●    What's something about you that no one else knows? Not that no one knows but most don't is that I am an identical twin

●    What’s Something You Want to Learn or Wish You Were Better At? Editing
●    Know Any Good Jokes? I know all the jokes!!
●    What’s Something That Bugs You? Noisy eaters

●    What’s the Most Embarrassing Thing You Can Remember That’s Happened to You? I got the shit kicked out of me by 2 dudes because my twin was banging one of thems girlfriends and also didn't know that he had an identical twin named Jason. Thanks, Justin.

●    What’s Your Favorite Place on Earth? Sitting around a backyard fire with my children

●    Who Are the Special People in Your Life? My kids. Nothing else even popped in my mind when I read that

●    What’s Something You’re Proud of? Me. I'll be a selfish prick but you don't know what I've been through to get to sit here in a barber shop while my Lucky is sitting next to me reading on his phone while waiting for Noah to finish his trim and I get to answer questions to you. My turn to be selfish. Just a smidge.

●    If your life were a movie who would play you? Jason Momoa. The appearance is uncanny and the name is close enough.

●    If you could be anyone for a day, who would it be? Adam Sandler
●    If you could have a superpower what would it be? 100% hearing would be cool for a minute I suppose 

●    What would you do if there was zombie apocalypse right now? Double tap
●    What were you like as a child? See me now

Thank you Jason for stopping in!  TicTok  Crimson Pinnacle Press   Amazon   Website   TeePublic  'Til Death

Comment to enter this month's giveaway or you can use the FORM.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Demons, witches and things that go bump in the night with Elizabeth J. Brown 😱

Elizabeth was born in Kent, England. This probably explains her obsession with tea and cake. She currently writes the Brimstone Chorus ser...