Monday, June 5, 2023

#2 - Super Secret Book Collab Extravaganza 😎


And we are BACK with more questions and answers from the... Odd Couple?

Fallon: So be honest, how many sleepless nights did you have waiting for the next chapter to come through? Have your fingernails started to regrow yet? Or did you wear your floor down pacing? I mean, I don’t do well when I have to wait for the next story to release in a series, so I’m pretty sure I’d lose my mind waiting!

👼 Angel: It was serious amounts of anxiety! Did they like my entry? Did they understand the jokes? Did they disappear from earth completely and find themselves stranded on some far away planet where online typing apparatuses don't exist?!?! And then like ten minutes would go by and they would respond and all would be well again. Seriously, though. Sometimes something in life would pop up and slow one of us or the other down and that would make it nerve wracking. It was hard because I was so invested in the characters and what was going to happen! I'm surprised I have any nails left from all the biting I did!

🔍 Mystery Author: There were times I was getting a little anxious. Like, time is hard to find occasionally so I’m like, ‘Is she impatiently waiting on me? Getting annoyed? Sitting there drumming her fingers on the laptop waiting for me to finish? And, of course, the last thing I wanted was to leave Angel hanging. But it all came together pretty quickly. I had other books to write as well–as did she-but even so, having multiple projects going on at once, it still got done quicker than I anticipated.




❤  Fallon: You both are stressing me out just thinking about it! ha-ha! Tell us, out of the two of you, who is Oscar, and which one of you is Felix?

🔍 Mystery Author: I would have to say we probably both have different personalities in the sense of how we write. Angel likes to just make it all up as she goes along, and I have to plot things out a little. I guess I would have to say Angel is more similar to Oscar in her “whatever will be…” approach, and that would make me more like Felix with the need for planning. I wish I could be more like Angel–carefree–and just go with it, but I can’t.

👼 Angel: I've seen pics of my partner at their home and I gotta say that I'm pegging them as the Felix because I am such a whirlwind! Plus I use way more sentence enhancers, I think. Wait, Oscar was the messy one who smoked cigars, right? I mean, I don't smoke cigars, but out of the two of us, I'm definitely the more 420 friendly.

 


Fallon: Sounds like you both pegged each other pretty well. 🙂 I can’t wait to see this! Okay, tell us, why are there TWO book covers being teased?

👼 Angel: OH, that's another super fun part of this project. Not only did we each take turns writing the core of the book, but we're now each taking a copy of that core and adding our own personal entries to it. This way, we'll both have our own book to publish. And we'll each have at least one sale because I gotta say, I really need to know the truth behind their character! Was everything their character was telling mine just a lie, or partial lies? What was their true motivations which majorly influenced the actions of my characters?!?! I need to know and I can't wait to get my hands on a copy! Do you think… do you think they'll let me ARC???

🔍 Mystery Author: As Angel said, she had this brilliant idea of writing them as separate books after the main story is written. I have no idea what she will be writing and vice versa. I also think it’s because she doesn’t trust me when it comes to sharing royalties if I published a single book under my name, ha-ha! Hence, we both will publish our own version. It has already been agreed that whoever sells the most copies each month pays for cake.

Fallon: Mmmm… cake! Sounds like a win to me!😁 Thank you both for stopping in and sharing more goodies for us to think about.

Readers, if you missed the first clue to the Scavenger Hunt that is going on (for a chance at an ebook from them) here is the first clue again. Entries end June 14, 2023.


You can also go to the POLL in this group (pinned post) to put a vote down on who you think the Mystery Author is, or add your own. Those entries also end June 14, 2023.

They will be back June 7, 2023, so keep watch for these tasty treats and place your bets. 

Also, commenting on the post enters you for the June giveaway or you can use the FORM

1 comment:

  1. This is so much fun! The anticipation is killing me…

    ReplyDelete

Demons, witches and things that go bump in the night with Elizabeth J. Brown 😱

Elizabeth was born in Kent, England. This probably explains her obsession with tea and cake. She currently writes the Brimstone Chorus ser...