Friday, June 2, 2023

Aron Beauregard's Morbid Curiosity had him Camp-ed out in the Cemetery waiting for today's release.

 

Aron Beauregard was born and raised in Central Falls, Rhode Island. He's been writing horror since the 6th grade and has now released over 20 books. An avid supporter of horror art and illustration, Aron has made it his standard to hire illustrators for every book that he puts out himself under his brand AB Horror. 

His writing is dark and without boundaries and, as a result, he's won the Splatterpunk Award once after garnering 4 total nominations (with one still pending).

Signed books: ABHorror.com  Audible: Audiobooks  Amazon: eBooks   Facebook: Aron Beauregard  Instagram: AronBeauregardHorror  Twitter: AronHorror  TikTok: @AronBeauregardHorror  Newsletter: Subscribe

 

 

ARON BEAUREGARD’S MORBID CURIOSITIES

You're entering a strange place. A realm with no boundaries or rules. A space where anything is possible, including the most nightmarish events imaginable to man. Join Splatterpunk Award-winning horror author Aron Beauregard as he unleashes his latest slate of fetid atrocities.


The Tough Questions

•    Where is your favorite place to write? Read? Much of my writing seems to be done on my couch or office at home.

•    What did you want to be when you grew up? I wanted to be a filmmaker, writer, or rapper. They are all things I still enjoy.

•    What is one thing you need when you sit down to write? Usually some kind of beverage. I really enjoyed smoking during any kind of creative process, but I quit smoking about a half year ago finally. 

•    What is one tip you would like to share with an aspiring author? Just write. Don’t worry about who thinks you’re a good writer. Don’t worry about reaching out to your idols and seeing what they think of your work. Don’t worry about how you’re going to publish it. Just get it done. Get an edited and scrutinized product in your hands and show the world the crazy shit you think about. And after your book comes out, stop worrying about why no one gives a shit about it. Truth is, it probably sucks. After all, it’s you’re first book, right? But you shouldn’t be concerned with that. You should be writing the next book already. Keep repeating that cycle and don’t worry about validation. Writing should be something you do because you love it. Because there are these stories inside you that just have to get out or they’re gonna melt your insides and turn you into a puddle of slop. Keep writing instead of worrying about getting a pat on the ass. You can’t beg for validation, you can only naturally earn it.

•    Are you a pantser or plotter? I’m a plotter but that’s not to say that certain revelations won’t be made along the way. I think the most thoughtful approach is a combination of both. 

 


From BOH reader Heather L.
•    Chili – beans or no beans? I can do either, but you may not wanna hang around afterwards…

•    Who’s your favorite superhero and why? The Punisher.
•    DC or Marvel and why is it Marvel? I prefer Image Comics. They were renegades that did it themselves.

•    You need to hide a body - who do you call to help you? Daddi Bace

•    Favorite song to belt out in the shower? I’m usually thinking about stories in the shower. Sad to report there is no singing.

•    What animal would you be and why? Probably a bird. Flying just seems super fun.

•    If you were stranded on a deserted island with all your human needs taken care of, what two items would you want to have with you? A solar-powered energy bank and a laptop. No one would be able to read the stories, but at least I would still be able to write them.

•    Next project (what are you currently working on)? I’m working on my next novel which I am hoping to release in late 2023.

•    Scary movies - complete darkness or all the lights on? Darkness of course…

•    Cats or dogs? Dogs. It’s not even close.
•    Who would you stalk? My dog.

•    What inspired you to start writing? I was born with a Morbid Curiosity. Once I started reading Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark and Goosebumps I think that’s when I knew.

•    How old were you when you wrote your first story? First horror story that wasn’t for school in the 6th grade. I think I was like 10 or 11 years old.

•    What is your favorite book/story you wrote? Hard question. Maybe Playground. Maybe Son of The Slob. Maybe All Smiles Until I Return. Maybe something else. I can’t choose.

•    Who is your current favorite author? I can’t pick a favorite. Love Clive Barker though.

•    What is your favorite genre? Horror and True Crime/Crime is probably second.

•    Favorite horror movie? Inside (French Version)
•    Favorite book of all time? Can’t say.
•    Cake - vanilla or chocolate? Chocolate
•    Pizza - pineapple or definitely never on a pizza? I like pineapple.
•    Favorite Band? Creedence Clearwater Revival 


From BOH reader Derek T.
•    Is there a particular author that inspired you to write horror? Clive Barker, Bret Easton Ellis, R.L. Stine, Shane McKenzie, to name a few.

•    Are there any things required when you write?, i.e., listening to certain music? an adult beverage? complete silence? stuff like that. I like to listen to music. Usually instrumental stuff because lyrics can be distracting.

•    Skittles or Starburst? Neither.
•    Do you read or write anything that's not horror? True Crime and Crime for sure.

•    Rhode Island is neither a road nor an island, please discuss. Hey, man, I’m just a guy. I just live here. They don’t listen to my opinion nor explain such things to me.

•    How do you feel about pants? They are much more comfortable now then they were when I was a kid. They no longer hug my nuts nor hang off my ass. I feel old.

•    Dogs, cats or ferrets? Dogs.
•    Mountains or beach? Depends on the weather.
•    Does pineapple belong on pizza? I’m not one of these people that decides for others. I’m happy to eat them, but it’s not a hill I’m prepared to die on nor do I really give a fuck.

•    What's your favorite taco? The one being handed to me.

•    Would you go to space? Probably not. Seems like a lot can go wrong.

•    Do you eat supper or dinner? Neither. Just ass.
•    Favorite ice cream? Bubble Gum.

•    Were you a good student? I was an awful student. Constantly in detention, cutting class, and on drugs. I guess you could say I was an awesome student.

•    Who was your childhood crush? I liked Topanga from Boy Meets World

•    Your favorite thing on French fries? Proper seasoning.


From BOH reader Shannon E.
•    What’s something you want to learn/get better at? Cleaning the shower.

•    Why did you decide you wanted to be an author? It took me a while to realize, but because I realized that my imagination was going to run wild no matter what. Eventually, I just had to write stuff down. There was no way around it.

•    Is there anything you don't eat? I’m not big on a lot of sea life. I like fish and chips and clam cakes. But I’m not eating tentacles and shit like that.

•    If you could have 3 wishes, what would they be? 1. To give my mother the life she deserved. 2. To not have to worry about loves being in pain. 3. It’s clichΓ©, but definitely world peace.

•    If you could have 1 hour to sit down with anyone and talk who would it be and what would you talk about? I’d ask the first person to exist on Earth everything they remember.

•    What makes you unique? My willingness to go further than most would dare.

•    What's something about you that no one else knows? As a child, I cried when they lowered Arnold into the lava in Terminator 2.

•    Know Any Good Jokes? What kind of cheese doesn’t belong to you? Na-cho Cheese.

•    What’s Something That Bugs You? Mosquitos.
•    What’s the Most Embarrassing Thing You Can Remember That’s Happened to You? I gave myself a bad haircut as a child. Looked like something out of the Hills Have Eyes.

•    What’s Your Favorite Place on Earth? The bathroom.
•    Who Are the Special People in Your Life? My Mom, my wife, and my close friends.

•    What’s Something You’re Proud of? Being able to write full-time as my career.

•    If your life were a movie who would play you? Marc Senter.

•    If you could be anyone for a day, who would it be? I honestly don’t want to be anyone else. I don’t mean this arrogantly, I just have no desire to live anyone else’s life.

•    If you could have a superpower what would it be? Probably be like The Flash and write like 1000 novels in a week. Then I’d only have to worry about releases!

•    What would you do if there was zombie apocalypse right now? Band together with friends and family and figure out what the fuck we’re gonna do…

•    What were you like as a child? I was friendly and fearful.

Thank you Aron for stopping in and sharing your insights and latest release. 

Grab it here: ARON BEAUREGARD’S MORBID CURIOSITIES

Signed books: ABHorror.com  Audible: Audiobooks  Amazon: eBooks   Facebook: Aron Beauregard  Instagram: AronBeauregardHorror  Twitter: AronHorror  TikTok: @AronBeauregardHorror  Newsletter: Subscribe

Comment on this post to enter this month's giveaway or you can use the FORM.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Demons, witches and things that go bump in the night with Elizabeth J. Brown 😱

Elizabeth was born in Kent, England. This probably explains her obsession with tea and cake. She currently writes the Brimstone Chorus ser...