Friday, June 23, 2023

Linda Bloodworth has A Raven's Touch


 

Linda Bloodworth is a writer from Toronto who often has to battle two cats and a dog to find a comfortable writing position. Author of, A Raven's Touch (2015) and A Raven's Revenge (2019), Linda has self-published on Amazon and various retail platforms. Writing since she could pick up a pen, Linda enjoys scary tales of the strange and unusual as well as binge-watching Sailor Moon ad nauseam.

A Raven's Touch   A Raven's Revenge   Website

Linda runs a few groups in Facebook that are excellent to join:

Linda's Bloodletters   Ladies of Horror   Bookworm Reviews   Horror Beta Arc Readers

Keep Calm and Love Books 

------------------------------

The Tough Questions

●    Where is your favorite place to write? Read?
Honestly, I love to write on my bed with a laptop while on my stomach. I've written this way for years!  When it comes to reading, I love to be snug as a bug in a comforter or blanket curled up on the couch.

●    What did you want to be when you grew up?
I've always wanted to be a writer. I suppose I succeeded!

●    What is one thing you need when you sit down to write?
Quiet. I really appreciate silence that allows me to talk to myself and let the story come through.

●    What is one tip you would like to share with an aspiring author?
Read as much as you can to understand how to develop a voice.

●    Are you a pantser or plotter?
Pantser all the way!



From BOH reader Heather L.
●    Chili – beans or no beans?
Beans! Hands down. Can it really be chili without beans?

●    Who’s your favorite superhero and why?
Sailor Moon! She embodies all the things I love: friendship, loyalty, courage, convictions, and laughter.

●    DC or Marvel and why is it Marvel?
Marvel, the characters seem exciting and relatable.

●    You need to hide a body - who do you call to help you?
My husband. He's down for everything. I'm kidding, there's no way I'd be in that situation. I'm way too boring.

●    Favorite song to belt out in the shower?
Paperback Writer by the Beatles. 😉

●    What animal would you be and why?
Definitely a male lion. That mane! Growing up, I had a blond huge mess of curls, and it reminded me of a lion. I love their power, I love their confidence, I love how they can command a room with a look. Just gorgeous.

●    If you were stranded on a deserted island with all your human needs taken care of, what two items would you want to have with you?
My Bible and my computer. I have to be able to practice my faith and be able to write.

●    Next project (what are you currently working on)?
It's been a few years in the making, but I'm working on my third book in my Raven Wing series. It's called A Raven's Resurrection! It's going to be epic, over 200 pages, and that's the hard part. I need to wrap up the story and say goodbye to my lovely characters.

Ps. I'm also writing a short story collection where some characters cross over for some fun hijinks.

●    Scary movies - complete darkness or all the lights on?
I like the lights dimmed half way.

●    Cats or dogs?
Why not both? I have two cats and a dog.

●    Who would you stalk?
Jensen Ackles. Have you seen this man?

●    What inspired you to start writing?
To be honest, there wasn't an inspiration, it was something I just did. I was surprised when I went to school and found out other kids didn't write stories.

●    How old were you when you wrote your first story?
Six year old. My school had a program where the class physically published the story with as a cardboard laminated book. I still have it and I love it!

●    What is your favorite book/story you wrote?
So far, I love my second book, A Raven's Revenge. It's full of emotions! There's love, anger, heart wrenching scenes, it's a roller coaster of action.

●    Who is your current favorite author?
It's always been Philip K Dick. The man's writing is out there!

●    What is your favorite genre?
Dark paranormal horror. Hands down.

●    Favorite horror movie?
Does Donnie Darko count?

●    Favorite book of all time?
The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe. I absolutely love Aslan.

●    Cake - vanilla or chocolate?
Neither - love lemon cake!

●    Pizza - pineapple or definitely never on a pizza?
Absolutely pineapple on pizza. It was invented in Canada, so it's a staple for me.

 


From BOH reader Derek T.
●    Skittles or Starburst?
Starburst for sure.

●    Do you read or write anything that's not horror?
Periodically, I'll read YA, apocalyptic stories, and thrillers.

●    Rhode Island is neither a road nor an island, please discuss.
I'm not American, so I wouldn't know where to begin.

●    How do you feel about pants?
Hate 'em! Dresses if I have to wear clothes just so I don't have to wear pants.

●    Dogs, cats or ferrets?
Dogs and cats. Ferrets are like this sneaky fur baby that's too wild for me.

●    Mountains or beach?
Mountains for sure! Away from people and in a log cabin.

●    Favorite ice cream?
Tie between mint chocolate chip and dark cherry.

●    Were you a good student?
Absolutely. A+ student who took Latin.

●    Who was your childhood crush?
Michael J. Fox. What a hottie.

●    Your favorite thing on French fries?
Poutine!! Look it up, it's delicious.

 



From BOH reader Shannon E.
●    Why did you decide you wanted to be an author?
I didn't decide, the writing life chose me. 😉

●    Is there anything you don't eat?
I'm vegan, so that list is pretty long. I'm also deadly allergic to kiwi of all things.

●    What’s Something That Bugs You?
Whne people don't use the Oxford Comma. Honestly. Slow talkers. Slow walkers. Slow drivers.

●    What’s Your Favorite Place on Earth?
Fallingbrook Road in Scarborough, Ontario. I used to drive along this road to get to the Beach in Toronto and once I was on it, I knew I was so close to magic. I named the town my Raven Wing series takes place after it. That road went past the RH Harris Water Treatment plant. I spent hours there as a teenager. Google map it. It's beautiful.

●    What’s Something You’re Proud of?
My books. I first wrote A Raven's Touch between the ages of 14 - 18, and I dedicated the book to my teenage self. We finally did it!

●    If your life were a movie who would play you?
Kate Winslet. I'm told I look like her and Drew Barrymore.

●    If you could be anyone for a day, who would it be?
My boss. I'd give me a raise so fast.

●    If you could have a superpower what would it be?
Just one? I'd love to be Wolverine because of his slow aging and healing properties. Plus, those claws. Too cool.

●    What would you do if there was zombie apocalypse right now?
Head to Costco!

●    What were you like as a child?
Annoying. I wouldn't shut up. I just had a lot on my mind.

Thank you Linda for stopping in and sharing with us. ❤

Commenting enters you in this month's giveaway or you can use the FORM.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Demons, witches and things that go bump in the night with Elizabeth J. Brown 😱

Elizabeth was born in Kent, England. This probably explains her obsession with tea and cake. She currently writes the Brimstone Chorus ser...