Linda Bloodworth is a writer from Toronto who often has to battle two cats and a dog to find a comfortable writing position. Author of, A Raven's Touch (2015) and A Raven's Revenge (2019), Linda has self-published on Amazon and various retail platforms. Writing since she could pick up a pen, Linda enjoys scary tales of the strange and unusual as well as binge-watching Sailor Moon ad nauseam.
Linda runs a few groups in Facebook that are excellent to join:
The Tough Questions
● Where is your favorite place to write? Read?
Honestly, I love to write on my bed with a laptop while on my stomach. I've written this way for years! When it comes to reading, I love to be snug as a bug in a comforter or blanket curled up on the couch.
● What did you want to be when you grew up?
I've always wanted to be a writer. I suppose I succeeded!
● What is one thing you need when you sit down to write?
Quiet. I really appreciate silence that allows me to talk to myself and let the story come through.
● What is one tip you would like to share with an aspiring author?
Read as much as you can to understand how to develop a voice.
● Are you a pantser or plotter?
Pantser all the way!
From BOH reader Heather L.
● Chili – beans or no beans?
Beans! Hands down. Can it really be chili without beans?
● Who’s your favorite superhero and why?
Sailor Moon! She embodies all the things I love: friendship, loyalty, courage, convictions, and laughter.
● DC or Marvel and why is it Marvel?
Marvel, the characters seem exciting and relatable.
● You need to hide a body - who do you call to help you?
My husband. He's down for everything. I'm kidding, there's no way I'd be in that situation. I'm way too boring.
● Favorite song to belt out in the shower?
Paperback Writer by the Beatles. 😉
● What animal would you be and why?
Definitely a male lion. That mane! Growing up, I had a blond huge mess of curls, and it reminded me of a lion. I love their power, I love their confidence, I love how they can command a room with a look. Just gorgeous.
● If you were stranded on a deserted island with all your human needs taken care of, what two items would you want to have with you?
My Bible and my computer. I have to be able to practice my faith and be able to write.
● Next project (what are you currently working on)?
It's been a few years in the making, but I'm working on my third book in my Raven Wing series. It's called A Raven's Resurrection! It's going to be epic, over 200 pages, and that's the hard part. I need to wrap up the story and say goodbye to my lovely characters.
Ps. I'm also writing a short story collection where some characters cross over for some fun hijinks.
● Scary movies - complete darkness or all the lights on?
I like the lights dimmed half way.
● Cats or dogs?
Why not both? I have two cats and a dog.
● Who would you stalk?
Jensen Ackles. Have you seen this man?
● What inspired you to start writing?
To be honest, there wasn't an inspiration, it was something I just did. I was surprised when I went to school and found out other kids didn't write stories.
● How old were you when you wrote your first story?
Six year old. My school had a program where the class physically published the story with as a cardboard laminated book. I still have it and I love it!
● What is your favorite book/story you wrote?
So far, I love my second book, A Raven's Revenge. It's full of emotions! There's love, anger, heart wrenching scenes, it's a roller coaster of action.
● Who is your current favorite author?
It's always been Philip K Dick. The man's writing is out there!
● What is your favorite genre?
Dark paranormal horror. Hands down.
● Favorite horror movie?
Does Donnie Darko count?
● Favorite book of all time?
The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe. I absolutely love Aslan.
● Cake - vanilla or chocolate?
Neither - love lemon cake!
● Pizza - pineapple or definitely never on a pizza?
Absolutely pineapple on pizza. It was invented in Canada, so it's a staple for me.
From BOH reader Derek T.
● Skittles or Starburst?
Starburst for sure.
● Do you read or write anything that's not horror?
Periodically, I'll read YA, apocalyptic stories, and thrillers.
● Rhode Island is neither a road nor an island, please discuss.
I'm not American, so I wouldn't know where to begin.
● How do you feel about pants?
Hate 'em! Dresses if I have to wear clothes just so I don't have to wear pants.
● Dogs, cats or ferrets?
Dogs and cats. Ferrets are like this sneaky fur baby that's too wild for me.
● Mountains or beach?
Mountains for sure! Away from people and in a log cabin.
● Favorite ice cream?
Tie between mint chocolate chip and dark cherry.
● Were you a good student?
Absolutely. A+ student who took Latin.
● Who was your childhood crush?
Michael J. Fox. What a hottie.
● Your favorite thing on French fries?
Poutine!! Look it up, it's delicious.
From BOH reader Shannon E.
● Why did you decide you wanted to be an author?
I didn't decide, the writing life chose me. 😉
● Is there anything you don't eat?
I'm vegan, so that list is pretty long. I'm also deadly allergic to kiwi of all things.
● What’s Something That Bugs You?
Whne people don't use the Oxford Comma. Honestly. Slow talkers. Slow walkers. Slow drivers.
● What’s Your Favorite Place on Earth?
Fallingbrook Road in Scarborough, Ontario. I used to drive along this road to get to the Beach in Toronto and once I was on it, I knew I was so close to magic. I named the town my Raven Wing series takes place after it. That road went past the RH Harris Water Treatment plant. I spent hours there as a teenager. Google map it. It's beautiful.
● What’s Something You’re Proud of?
My books. I first wrote A Raven's Touch between the ages of 14 - 18, and I dedicated the book to my teenage self. We finally did it!
● If your life were a movie who would play you?
Kate Winslet. I'm told I look like her and Drew Barrymore.
● If you could be anyone for a day, who would it be?
My boss. I'd give me a raise so fast.
● If you could have a superpower what would it be?
Just one? I'd love to be Wolverine because of his slow aging and healing properties. Plus, those claws. Too cool.
● What would you do if there was zombie apocalypse right now?
Head to Costco!
● What were you like as a child?
Annoying. I wouldn't shut up. I just had a lot on my mind.
Thank you Linda for stopping in and sharing with us. ❤
Commenting enters you in this month's giveaway or you can use the FORM.